My hope is to collect Zombie survivor videos from around the world all working together to make it through night and day in the same zombie world the rest are in. The simpler explanation is I hope people will read the description of the world NJDS and play along making videos like the one I did here below. We are also working on incorporating a RPG game element to it so survivors have a little something to work for.
So here is the instructions for how to play the new real time live action Not Just Dead Stuff survivor game.
- You need access to a video camera or cell phone with video capture.
- You need access to the internet.
- You need an imagination and ability to have fun.
- Always stay in character during filming or posting on NJDS site.
Instructions for first video-
- State your fictional name, and location you think you are.
- Details of current situation.
- Share some hopes, fears, and ideas of what the future holds in this zombie ridden earth.
- Have fun and be creative with it. Often the simpler it is the better it will probably be.
- A survivor only knows what is common knowledge about the outbreak ravaging the population. No one yet knows the cause or the severity of the situation. All a survivor knows is everyone is dead and hungry for living flesh and they are one of the only ones left.We will provide events and situations in the future to play off of.
- There is nothing wrong with being eaten on your first video. We welcome one time munch fests and encourage you to get a friend in front of your camera and kill them. You know you want to.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set you up an account on the NJDS site.
- Upload video to the Not Just Dead Stuff site.
Tips for making a great Survivor Video-
- Remember what is behind you and the setting you are in. Talking about being the last person alive while your roommate is playing guitar hero behind you would be “Out Of Character”
- Shoot your video in several takes and use the free Windows Live Movie Maker that should already be on your windows machine to edit it all together. It is amazing how easy it is to use. We will also have a section with links to YouTube tutorials to make the process even easier for you. We want you to only spend 20-45 minutes to make a 2-5 minute Survivor Video. I am sure some will be longer and thats ok.
- Everyone starts at Level 1
- Level 2 = 1250 exp. Level 2 receives custom avatar and a couple secretes reveled of the “Big Picture”
- 25 exp. for making and uploading a video
- 1 exp. for each view your video gets on YouTube
- 1 exp. for each tweet, facebook, stumbleupon, and reddit link all counted at the top of your page. No Spamming
- 1 exp. for a post in your “Diary Log”
- Keep in mind these rules can change in time tuning it for better practicality.